Sunday, March 20, 2011

18....Just 18.

March 8th was my 18th birthday. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about being 18. It really doesn't change anything. Other than, I can vote now. ;)
For me turning 18 means graduation, and getting my teaching career started(piano teacher).
For the longest time I have been dreading being eighteen. I don't know why. I just did. But I think the Lord has wonderful plans for my future and I'm excited to see what He has in store for my life!
On my birthday my dad brought me home flowers, that by the way were really pretty, and some chocolate. I celebrated yesterday. The 19th. Had some of my very best friends over. It was a really great time to just visit. And I feel really blessed to have the people that are in my life, in my life! I have wonderful parents, great friends and an awesome Family, and a forever forgiving heavenly Father that loves us so much. It feels good to be maturing spiritually, and to know it too. Humbly.

So why am I telling you all I turned 18? Because, it is a milestone completed in my life. Let it settle in.
My birthday flowers...oh, and balloon too. ;D


Verse: Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; They will run and not grow weary; They will walk and not faint". I love love love that verse!

Random Fact: I can't stand it when people get toothpaste in the sink and leave it there. It just gets me.

God Bless,
Mandie

11 comments:

  1. A Happy birthday to you a happy birthday to you, every day of the year, may you find jesus' cheer a happy birthday to you , until you see his face
    Let em roll let em roll let em roll all way let em roll all a way Let em roll all a way let em roll let em roll let em roll all the wayy.
    Until you see his face ! (;

    Happy Birthday !!! 18?!? wow!! Cool .
    Have fun ! Hope to see you soon ! (:
    ohhh & happy birthday!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated birthday!! I don't even remember what I did my 18th Birthday... But my 19th birthday, my parents to me out to dinner and I went to my high schools basketball game.

    All I know is, yes it is another stepping stone in the journey of your life, and on one hand it is scary and on the other hand it is exciting to think about what you are going to do with your life.

    anyway hope you had a good time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day! :) I love your flowers, they are so beautiful! ♥♥♥ i miss you ♥♥♥


    ♥Love,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope~ Wow!! Thanks so much!! :) Hope to see you soon, as well. Yes, 18. frightening, isn't it!

    Chris~ Sounds like you at least had a wonderful 19th birthday. :)
    And that is kinda exactly how I feel. Thanks for the birthday wish!

    Sadie~ Thank you, hun. Aren't they! They're all dead now tho. :(
    I miss you too!!!

    Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (late) birthday, Mandie!!! I would have said it sooner, but I haven't gotten time to be on the computer lately at all :)

    18 does sound crazy! I'll be 18 soon, and that sounds so old LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lisa!

    Doesn't it! haha but yeah, isn't your birthday in like..Sep? idk.
    I hope you're all doing well!


    Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mandie! Its been way to long since I visited your blog! Anyways, first off Happy Belated 18th Birthday! It sounds like it was a great one!
    Piano teacher? That is fantastic! I absolutely love the piano, it is the best instrument ever! How long have you played?

    I completely can relate to your pet peeve, my brothers will leave big clumps of toothpaste in the sink and it just annoys me so very much!

    Have a great week!
    Makayl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Makayla!
    Awh, thanks so much! Yeah, it was pretty good. :)
    Yes!! I actually, finally, talked to my teacher about that today and she said that she thinks its a wonderful idea. (of course, even if she didn't think so...I'd still do it. ;)) I have been playing for 10yrs!!! haha

    Really?? Yeah, it just bugs me SO much. It grosses me out more than it annoys me I think. :P

    I hope you're doing good!

    God Bless,'
    Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Mandie! I hope you had a wonderful day! Your flowers and balloon are so colorful and pretty!
    God's Girl~
    P.S. I thought I'd stop here by since I mostly KIT on FB.... and.. I like this background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! I've enjoyed reading yours. :) Guess what?! My birthday is March 9th - just a day after yours! We are the exact same age! Cool beans!!

    ReplyDelete