Saturday, August 14, 2010

God's Candy


While eating my apple today, with every bite I took, juice went streaming down my arm. Yes, it was very juicy which made it quite sticky, and messy. But, as I wiped the juice off my arm, I looked at my apple with earnest. And started thinking how amazing this apple that God had created was. Something so delicious and packed with so much nutrition; It's design, shape and form.
Then I started thinking about God's other 'candies', Oranges, Pears, Plumbs, Banana's you name it! How amazing and wonderful they are! Only God can create something so magnificent as just an apple. No one can duplicate or recreate something so wonderful. You can plant a seed, but it won't grow without God's help. Not in our wildest dreams. How great our God is!
The simplicity and beauty He has made. From the thought of any apple it led to vegetables, and creation in itself. None of this could possibly happen just "by chance".
It may seem like simple logic; But ever take a minute to think about these things? How the juice of an apple could take captive of my wandering thoughts. Healthy snack turned into deep thinking. Sometimes I just take things for granted without even thanking our heavenly father for, forgetting the one who made them.

Thank-You Jesus. <3

7 comments:

  1. Mandie....your making me hungry :-) and convicted! Thanks for the reminder of remembering the Lord in everything. You're doing an awesome job with your blog. Keep up the good work.
    Tell the family Hi.
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops.....should be you're not your :-) English for the day :-)
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Mrs. G! :) And I know you know this is not the case, but for future reference for anyone else. I absolutely did not post this to make one convicted. But because *I was*.- And, if we are, then what a blessing! Just what I felt at the moment.
    I def. will tell everyone Hi. Hope you all are doing well!

    Mandie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Defiantly agree. I have thoughts like this all the time, but never really can put them down on paper or in my case my blog. defiantly powerful stuff, I really enjoy your blog.

    Btw...How long has your family been doing Foster care or dealing with it? My family does foster care and hopefully adoption soon enough.

    Check out my blog also, could use some comments or what not, I am fairly new.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!

    We have been doing FC for about..2 1/2yrs. (going on 3) Its been a tough challenge but, over all a good one!
    Really?! Thats awesome!

    Haha ok, I will!

    Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very ture! I never thought about that before!
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete