Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sick ~ Try-outs ~ Narnia

So pretty much we all have sore throats. I didn't start feeling icky till Monday, but didn't think much of it until yesterday when around a bit after dinner I thought..hmmm. Making a doctor appt. in the morning and we'll see what my doc says. Its terrible. My nose burns all the time, my throat is so incredibly raw. I'm sure if you have ever had strep you know the feeling. (thats what i think I have anyways) *Edit* The test results came back negative. He(my doc.) said its viral. But, they are going to keep the throat sample alive to see if anything changes. So, we'll see. On the bright side, no meds for me other than (if needed) pain meds. :)

Yesterday (Tues.) We started piano and voice back up. I have got new books. Dif. composer(Alfred) and a little bit harder, but its all for the better. I think Ill get the hang of it in no time..hopefully. ;) When voice class started( for those of you who don't know what voice is, its basically singing lessons. ;)) my teacher had a whole bunch of new things to show us. Modified ear training, learning our 'do-rae-mes' so well that just seeing the hand motion we can simply sing it and hearing a note on the piano being able to sing it. It may not sound hard, its actually pretty basic. But it def. takes lots of ear training and is all kinda new. Anyways. Next month we have try outs to sing the national anthem for the Rattlers(Or I think anyways. lol) We have group, solo's and trio tryouts(of course, you can pick and choose). If we make it, we have greater potential for later tryouts. Excit'n.

The new Narnia(Voyage Of The Dawn Treader) is coming out in Dec. don't know bout you guys, but I'm pretty excited to see it. If you haven't seen the trailer for it here is a link. http://www.narnia.com/

So, thats my update. Its late and I have to get up early. We have a fun exciting visit with the awesome case worker in the morning. *half sarcasm*

Random Fact: Reading and learning new words is my 'hobby'. Learning what the words mean, so I can use them in a sentence! ;)

God Bless
Mandie

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's good you don't have to take any of meds, huh?

    Hey, that's cool! You should also post some videos of your favorite piano pieces or something.

    Levi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! No meds for me. yay. :)

    Haha, yeah. Maybe sometime in the future. Idk.

    Oh, hey! Btw, I added a cbox because I'm cool like that.I'm trying not to fill up my blog with so much 'pointless' things, but could you tell me if you think it affect's the loading process or not? I just wanna make sure. I'm not even sure if anyone will use it, we'll see. lol

    Mandie

    ReplyDelete