Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Gift Of Friendship

Its a wonderful thing! If God didn't give me the friends I have, I don't know where I'd be. I have many, but the one that has had a major impact on my life lately is my dear friend Kristi. In the beginning of last month we began to really get into some deep conversations(about our spiritual life) and how are we really living our lives for Christ?! And our spiritual battles. :Daily walk with God, how are we honoring our parents and others, etc. I won't go into much detail....
But, what we decided is that each day we would send each other a text(easiest way to communicate without having to worry bout getting on the comp or whatever everyday.) with a verse and a prayer. Then about every few days check in on each other and ask how we're doing and if there is any specific prayer requests. Its really helped, let me tell you.

And we both got to thinking, how many times a day do we say, 'I don't have time to read my bible' but yet we have time to do other leisure things. How often do we go by and by without thinking about him, yet, we go thinking about so many other things. Pointless things at that! How often do we push him aside? For me, too often. I often times don't serve Him at all, think about Him, Pray to Him, give Him the praise, thank Him for the day. I always get this tugging in my heart from God, always reminding me to do X, and Him convicting me of my wrong.
I ashamedly go days without even picking up my bible. Thats another thing we got to talking about, as well. Not reading our bibles. We both decided to kinda hold each other accountable I guess you could say. Glad God brought her into my life.

He wants to have a personal relationship with us. He instructs us to do so. I fail a lot. He calls, how often do we hear? He wants our hearts, our everything. I have a fear that only God knows, and I have to get over this fear and its so hard not to give it over to Him. I try and pray and ask for His help for me to give it to Him, and He does, but the stinkin devil attacks me all the time!

Our God is a gracious God. And I'm so glad He chooses to give us a new day, and a 'second chance' to serve Him better and love Him more everyday. As of late, I can't help but stop and look around me, at His beauty and His amazingness. And thanking Him for the new day.

I have many other friends that we all really hold each other accountable and get into the same conversations and just are in awe of how much we don't do these things. and 'cry on the shoulder' etc. but, Kristi has been a super friend lately.
Now, not to say that I depend only on my friends for conviction, nor do I give them half the credit I do my parents for my growing spiritual walk. But God does instruct us to have friends, right!? :)

So thanks to God for my amazing friends. Including all of you, my readers. I love you all too, don't forget that! :)

The sun is setting, and it is time for me to go.

God Bless,
Amanda

1 comment: