Friday, October 8, 2010

October

October starts the birthday phenomenon, it contains 5(family) birthdays, and 3(friend) birthdays(that I am aware of.) It also brings in my favorite time of year, Autumn. Pumpkin patches, corn mazes, pumpkin pie making(and lets not forget pumpkin spice lattes :D) Crunchy leaves, bon fires, hay rides, well, I could go on for hours. Some of my favorite memories are because of Fall. I won't go into dets. but, you get the gist.:)

To start, the 1st was Zac's 20th birthday, TWENTY!!!! Holy cow. I was thinking, in thirty years, Ill be 47. Scurrryyy. I feel so old. lol jk We celebrated by going out to a late lunch, early dinner...linner. ;) Tradition in our family is, you either pick where you want to eat for dinner, (or if you'd rather a home made meal, thats great too!) or a favorite breakfast. He chose Red Robbin, after that we came home and watched a movie and just visited..well, some of us! lol That concludes the 1st family bday.

The 2nd was my friend Ian's 17th birthday. I went, had a fantastic time. I especially enjoyed catching up with his parents! haha (first friend birthday)

The 3rd was Grandmas bday. So thankful to God that she is still here with all her health problems and what-not. Love her!

The 10th is Micah's 15th!! Blah! He is getting so old(and, might I add, tall as well?!) He's pretty much a super amazing brother. To put it short, at birth Micah almost didn't make it, not even from the beginning, but he is here, sick or well, he is here. No one can have him! haha



The 11th is Joah's 8th birthday. Aww. He has gotten so big. I still remember the day he was born. And, going in to see him for the very first time. He's our little angel, long story behind that. haha
Not sure what we are going to do for M's and J's birthday yet, but it should be good!
There are two other friend bday's after them. Zac refuses to let me put a pic up of him, so, yeah.
Then, the 15th is my daddies birthday!! :))
I have the most amazing dad in all the world, I thank God for him everyday, and that he chose to raise us up in a Godly manner, and at home! :)
So! Today we went to the Tolmacoff farm for a family outing and to 'pick' our pumpkin(s)..they wanted $7 per PERSON to get in, thats just to get in. Did not include rides, petting zoo, corn maze or anything. Just to get in. HAHA! What a joke! Aaah, I miss Crow Dairy Farm, and The Dunkin Family Farm. So, we came home and just rested. Started searching for farms that are reasonably priced and such. Found two so far. A bit of a drive, but worth it I'm sure. (tho nothing beats the farms I stated above).
Who enjoyed the rain/hail/thunder all that jazz the other day? Whoot!! I know I did! haha My friend said he got pine cone sized hail in his neck of the woods(Paradise valley). Crazy. Gee, there goes that global warming again! (jk, ;))
Just thought I'd update. Hope everyone is doing well!

Verse:Romans15:13~May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!

Random Fact: I wanna move to Prescott. And visit Verona Italy. :) (In my dreams!;)

God Bless
Amanda

17 comments:

  1. Mandie~
    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! I knew you'd agree that adoption is amazing! :D

    Yeah~ I know. We both look just like our moms, which makes it a little better to know someone who has the same thing happen to her!

    I completely MISS our chats! We should talk soon! :D

    Love ya!!
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! And I also LOVE LOVE LOVE your new background! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandie! Sounds like a fun month?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna! Yup, def. a fun month! haha
    I meant to talk to you today at church, but got caught up in 'LOTR, and TCON'. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing good, and you? We have been crazy busy! Yeah, I saw you talking to Sabrina and Jessie...decided to stay out of the way:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANNA MOVE TO PRESCOTT, TOO!!!! I couldn't agree more...yes, I'm whining :)

    But, our house is pretty cool for where we have to live. I would love to transplant our house to somewhere up north. I realized with horror that in the 7(?) years we've known you all, you've never been to our house! Ouch! Embarassing!....well, you'll get to see it on Reformation Sunday!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. okkkkk mandie, you should sooo totally swipe the autograph of the precious (orlando bloom :) ) from the K's :) I think sabrina would pay you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mandie~

    Yes, I know. I think the same thing about my mom. She looks young for her age. people think we're sisters. That's weird...I don't really like that as much! ;)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Its so nice up there! lol
    I pretty much was always up there when I was little...ok, not all the time, but at least 4times a year!

    lol! Its alright! And, yes yes I will! :)

    I'm soooo sorry! I totally meant that he said hi to them and that he let them take his pic. I was thinking of someone else(with the autograph thing). seriously. So sorry. lol buttt I think she would die for even just the pic! haha

    Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pic would probably even be better than the autograph! Her and Jessie have completely ruined a great movie (LOTR) for me by being so ridiculous with this "precious obsession!!"

    Seriously....as a joke, you should get the picture and tell Sabrina she can have it for $10...or $20...or more?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! Well, tho I don't hear it as much as you, I can relate. There is talking about a movie you love in moderation, vs. 'obsessing' over a movie you can't get enough of because of the characters in the movie. :)

    I might do that! lol

    jk

    ReplyDelete
  12. They took a PICTURE????? that's just as amazing. No saying that we're addicted to lotr when you are on pc!!!!!!!!!! I think there might just be someone in there?????!!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh myyyyyyyyyyy
    when you get the chance go on my blog and look at the wal mart post. it is soooo funny i was crying laughing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, they took a picture!! haha
    Now, my mind is running uber slow as of late, I'm not sure what you mean?
    I'm not obsessed. lol No one near me.

    Aaand I did! Super funny!
    :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, so totally go to tyler's blog and read the (hopefully now) 200 comments. I was so confused and laughing my head off :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're obsessed with Edmund from TCON, Mandie! And, you don't even know the actor's name!...AND...he's UGLY :) JK...but he's not anything amazing.

    Oh, BTW, I saw a Tshirt in saver's the other day with Orlando Bloom as Legolas on it. I almost bought it for Sabrina but my mom said ABSOLUTELY NOT...ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whhhaaa?? Am not! lol and his name is Skander Keynes. Thats right. eat it and enjoy it. jkjk nuh uh. ha

    O my, thats too funny! You should have. I would have laughed my head off. :P My mom would have said the same. hhaa

    Jessie, I have been fallowing it all along. Just have nothing to say. ha

    ReplyDelete