Monday, July 25, 2011

Aloe vera anyone?

Hey, everyone!

Well, I got back from my trip on the 20th...are you guys ready for this? I have lots of pictures and much to tell, but I will try and keep it short and sweet! ;)

The 13th. The day I left for SLO, Cali.
We set off for the airport, and arrived an hour before scheduled to board flight. I checked in and then my family bade me goodbye for the forthcoming week. It was so precious- I never dreamed of such a reaction from my siblings. Madison, not knowing that I would be back in a week, started bawling her eyes out, Joah, was so very concerned that I deliver his note to Stephen asap! And I'm not even sure the others knew fully what was going on. SO!
Security run went very smoothly. And I must say that I feel very blessed with this being my first time flying. I met some nice people and the flight itself was not too shabby.
We exited the plane and all I gotta say is....the weather was uhm..BEAUTIFUL! The high that day was only 68! The keiths picked me up and we then took the scenic drive through slo. Beautiful part of California! We arrived at their summer location and I got all settled in and we then had dinner, and after dinner we hiked the dunes. And called it a night.

The 14th. We...what did we do..Oh yes! I remember. We went to one of the nearby beaches and walked around the pier and went to dinner and just kinda explored a bit! now, this day was very windy and not very good for wearing a flowing dress...I think you guys can fathom as to what happened. Luckily, Jenna had all her clothes in the back of her trunk and so kindly allowed me to wear some of her pants. We went and stood on the pier for awhile freezing and just listened and watched all that was going on around us. Then, after that we went to the Farmers Market! I didn't really get any pictures of the market itself, but it was huge! Just, way cool! But, I do have a picture OF.....

That's right...the gum wall. Just delicious looking right? Well, get this...

;P Okay,...anyways. That was that for that day!

The 15th. Well, that day..Jenna, Cameron, Hannah, Stephen and I went to Pismo beach and you will never guess what we did....we ate....SCORPION'S! Yes, we did! We were walking down the pier and they had (freeze dried) them out on the stand. Cameron went first...

Yes, he really is eating it! Crunch, crunch yum!
I didn't get any pictures of Jenna because I was holding little hands, but watching jenna eat a scorpion was...quite the show! ;)
Then, it was my turn!

yes,...thats it..so...cute, right? ;)

In all honesty, it really wasn't that bad! It didn't even really have a taste..I mean, that after taste was, different, but we washed it down with yogurt! Then, later that night we went to a church bonn fire, and that was fun! And that was all that went on that day.

The 16th we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium... Gods sea life creation is just AMAZING!

this is a crab!

They had a area where you could touch and feel, and this is a starfish! really neat, and its texture was...rough I guess!?

Jellyfish! It was SO amazing! They had super baby ones, like..micro baby, they pretty much had stages for all the jellyfish process! It was, just so wonderful!

Fin...Noggin...Duuuude! :P
Seahorse!
That day overall was so awesome! It took 2hrs to get to Monterey bay, and 3hrs to get home. So, we didn't get home till 12am. We were so tired we just came in, and went to bed. No getting in pj's or anything.

The 17th we, well we didn't truly wake up till about 11. So, we missed church, but we DID have a devotion! Then we got ready and because Mrs. Keith was still very tired she stayed home with all the littles while Jenna, Cameron, Delaine, Stephen, hannah and I went to Avila beach. This beach, according to everyone there is always sunny and warm, and boy was it warm! (compared to the rest of the beaches). So, we got there, found a parking spot and ran into my friend Aaron and his family that just so happened to be there the same day! So, we hung out with them for awhile as well...but first we went under the pier, and I found this little crab...

It was really cool! West(one of the keiths friends) took his frisbee and it was just really fun to watch! It went all ninja on him! haha

This is a sand turtle we made! The end masterpiece was just...amazing! ;)

The 18th...That day we went to Cambria and that little town is kinda like..a dutch village. So cute!

We ordered pizza from a really good pizza and sub shop and then went to Morro Bay and ate in the car..and this is what visited us...

It really was THAT close. Then it wouldn't leave us alone but, I wasn't bothered by it. :P
Then we went and saw the Elephant Seals..

Then that night we went..wait for it...SWING DANCING! haha I didn't get any pictures..but..okay, so we got there and I really didn't want to go dancing, but the keiths friend, Ron, asked, more like dragged me out on the floor and as soon as I got used to the steps and got the hang of it, he started swinging and twirling and..I was all over the place! haha but it was really fun! I also danced with one of the owners, Cameron and some random guy that I really REALLY did not want to dance with...after that we went and got coffee(actually, just Jenna, Cam and Delaine..) and then we went to the pismo pier and just listened to the waves and we even saw a seal! It was a baby and so cute!

Just us..having a good time! ;)

Gosh, I love these girls SO much! :)

Then...the 20th..the last day! We went shopping to find some little souvenir's. And then had lunch at a place called Hoggies. Pretty good! I finally got 'fish and chips' that day..really REALLY good!
Then Mrs. Keith drove Cam and I to the airport and we waited an hour and a half before our flight came in (delayed)..and then we were finally able to go through all the process and everything and finally boarded!

the reason Cam flew back is because he needs to go job hunting.
So, that was my trip. I really did leave a lot out, but I didn't want it to be any longer than it already is!
I was so homesick...getting HOME! The next day mom had errands to run that I was required to go on, and broke down crying while we were out because I was just so home deprived and yeah..but I really did enjoy my trip and am so grateful for the keiths and everything they did for me!

I should really be going now. Its late!

Verse.. ~ Titus 3:9 "But avoid foolish controversies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless."

Fact~ I'm so sunburned! So, Aloe vera anyone? ;)

God Bless,
Mandie

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! Sounds like ONE AWESOME TRIP!!! You are so lucky to be able to go do that. Ok, Lisa "Thou shalt not covet...." :) I've never even seen the ocean!!!!!!

    Eating scorpions! CRAZY! YUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa!
    While all of God's creation is beautiful and magnificent and nothing will ever compare..the ocean is a MUST destination. To sit and just listen to the waves and feel the ocean breeze on your face, its just beautiful. To look out and see the water that goes for miles and miles and know that, God created that and all its glory. That when that wind hits your face, its like...a little touch from Gods mighty hands. Really just beautiful. I hope that some day SOON you will have the blessing in visiting it. You will much enjoy it!

    The scorpion...wasn't that bad. ;)

    God Bless,
    Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mandie, looks like a lot of fun! About the scorpions though, GROSS!!!! I can't believe you actually ate them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, it was a lot of fun!
    But honestly!!! The scorpion was not bad at all. It was like eating...mmmm.. a rice cracker! Only with NO taste. I can't believe I ate them either. ;)

    ReplyDelete