Saturday, June 12, 2010

When your inner countenance is down, so shall your outter be.

Firstly, I would like to post some verses that help me on my way.

Proverbs 17:22 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a persons strength."

So many times I find myself not mad or angry or sad, just not in a good mood! And I can certainly tell you I don't like it at all! In turn my reaction to my sibling's general public etc. isn't so Christ like. I think, why am I like this?? I didn't used to be this way! hmmm. Its the self inside of me coming out. Heart check!

Eph. 6:7 "Serve whole-heartedly as if you were serving the Lord, not men because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for the good that he does".

I don't do things to see what I can get from it..but because I WANT to and I want to bless others. On the other hand,sometimes I really don't 'feel' like serving. Honestly, if I am doing what must be done without being told, I don't want to do it. Its like, If I was seriously going to do something, then someone says, go do that, I'm like NO! Forget it now. Of course, I don't say that, but in my heart, I do. Then, as soon as I was wrong, I remember the way I should have responded and only hope for a do-over! And have to remember, not "as if I was serving the Lord" because I AM serving the Lord! But if my heart is not in the right place, then what good is my serving?!

Eph. 5:1 "Be imitators of God, live a life of love just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God".

Be Imitators Of God...The verse says it all. It takes more than trying, its doing.

These things have been on my mind. Another is; the way the world looks upon us Christians.

I heard a story a few weeks ago about a lady who is a waitress(herself being a Christian) and was called in on a Sunday to go to work, tho she didn't want to because she would then, miss the morning service of Church.
Lunch rush came and to her section of the restaurant came a family and some friends in their 'Sunday best'. She then proceeded to set them in their seats and take their orders moving along as fast as she could to keep them pleased. Not once did she receive a please, a thank-you or anything of the such. Their food had come, someones order was slightly wrong, and the response the waitress got, was not a thank you but a "hey! Would you take this back and fix it!!" Not please, or even speaking kindly. She kept their drinks filled and un-annoyingly asked them now and again how things were, and she got, "Its ok" and even held the door open for them on their way out as they snipped on by.

What I am getting at is, is this how the world sees us Christians? They(the people) will know we are CHRISTIANS by our love. We are to be an example to others especially in this sinful world. Even in our own homes. Sometimes when we are out and about my response to others can be not so pretty. I'm speaking from self experience. Let me make clear I'm not always like this, but every once in awhile, I bubble over!

Treat others as you'd like to be treated. Love your neighbor as yourself. Remove yourself from un~Godly conversation. Turn the other cheek. Things that always come to my mind(and so on) when I am about to fall into that foot hold!

Now that I have rambled on and on for 400hrs.

God Bless,
Mandie:)

3 comments:

  1. I really like this post, Mandie! Well said...

    There are many nominal "Christians" that are setting an example..and the example usually doesn't happen to be that great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)

    Yep! That sure is the case, and its a sad one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete