Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day Out With Mom

Its not often that my mom and I get to spend one on one time with each other, so yesterday was a treat. :) We started off by going out for some lunch. Now, we did only go to Chick-fil-a, but their food is pretty good, so we didn't mind! Then, we went and saw a movie. Usually, we don't go see movies because with the world and its ways and the movies they make these days, it can be a disaster! But, there is a movie out(pg) called Letters To Juliet-Best love story ever!! If your a sucker for love stories like my mom and I, its worth looking into! Very wholesome very sweet. There is only one thing we didn't agree with. Ill get to that in a minute. So, the movie (I'm not going to spoil it, just incase.;)) is about this girl, and her fiance' that go to Italy for a "pree honeymoon" (thats the one thing we did not agree with, fornication) I copied the story description from the official website..I hope thats ok-I really don't feel like explaining it! haha

Letters To Juliet is an enchanting love story -- a tale of encountering new sparks and rekindling old flames. When Sophie , a young American, travels to Verona, Italy -- the romantic city where Romeo first met Juliet -- she meets a group of volunteers who respond to letters written to Juliet seeking romantic advice. Sophie finds and answers a letter that has been lost for 50 years, and is stunned when its author Claire arrives in Italy with her handsome but overprotective grandson to find the fiance she left decades before. Fascinated by Claire's quest, Sophie joins them on an adventure through the beautiful hills of Tuscany searching for Claire's long lost Lorenzo. The journey will change their lives forever, as they discover it's never too late to find true love.

I would have made it more detailed if I were the writer, but oh well! haha So, if you like love stories, this is a good watch! And its a clean movie. :)

One thing we were so angered about is the commercials before the movie(duh, secular sinful world!! ) Everyone of them was filled with witchcraft and immorality. I just continued to txt my friend. Not to say that it was my intention to ignore it, but they wouldn't do anything about it I doubt if I did say anything! What do you think? They would probably think I was crazy since, Twilight and (honestly, I can't remember the other movies.) all that other junk is the 'cool thing' these days!!

Anyways, the movie was very good!
After the movie we went to Yogurtland, wow! Best frozen yogurt ever, and its self serve, and you get toppings. :) All in all, it was a good day. I'm so blessed to have a mom to share and bond with! Not saying we can't bond without going out, but its nice to "get away" :)
So, thats what we did for our 'holiday' and it was very good.

and today is 'Wear A Dress Day' so I suggest that if your a guy, you wear a kilt! ;)

God Bless
Amanda:)

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day! I did not wear a dress, but a skirt.....Dose that count?!? Glad you fun :-) -Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we did! thanks. :)
    Hehe oh yes, a skirt counts!! :)
    And yes ma'am I did!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was such a thing as Wear a Dress day! Is this some actual real day? I'm out of the loop!

    I haven't been to a movie since I was 4 except for one Imax movie. Oh, and we did go see Prince Caspian when it first came out since I am a TOTAL Narnia fan. The series was the first paperback books I ever read. I LOVE THEM!

    Anyways, movies now a days are just to sick, secular, disgusting, etc., to even bother watching. Every now and then, you'll get a semi-good one, but there is always one little catch to it.

    Oh, and BTW Mandie, I love your new blog setup!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very right about the movies these days, Lisa. You walk Thur a store and you can't even look at the cases. I forgot that it was Wear A Dress Day until last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha well...I don't really know!! It was an event on FB(no, my life does not revolve around facebook, but I had to attend. :P) I think it should be tho. hehe

    Ah, yes I love PC!!! (and the whole narnia series!! Mom read it to us when we were younger, and I still love it. :)) Yeah, we went to see PC in theaters too, and then Letters To Juliet..and thats I can think that Have been to in the last nine years..well except for going to see The Passion Of The Christ, but besides that. lol

    Yea, I agree, always some little catch to it..so annoying! Thats why we love the Christian film festival. ;P

    Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite from the film festival is The Widows Might! I absolutely loooove that one. Of course, the fact that Cameron is reeeaaaly cute doesn't matter....

    In case you haven't seen it, he is one of two teenage boys who are trying to make a movie. Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh!! I haven't seen that movie, but, I have seen the trailer many many times, and really want to see it! lol Oh, is he now?!?!?! lol!!
    Well, from the looks of it, it looks like a very good movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, he really is. He is tall and, in the movie, he plays a cowboy! Tall cowboy...My dream person! LOL. I am a total sucker for good-looking guys in movies. Like Patrick Wayne (John Wayne's son) when he was younger...wow! My sisters call me crazy, but so what!

    But, he also is a great actor. My mom likes him the best of everyone in the movie. You really should watch it!

    Lisa

    P.S. Where were you yesterday at church?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha nicee!!
    I'm a total sucker for ahem, good~looking guys in movies too! ;) I like tall, dark and handsome...cowboys too, buuuut, he has to be a 'certain kind of cowboy' if you know what I mean. loll. Then I guess they'll think I am crazy too, huh!!? :P

    I definitely will!!! :)

    Like, through the service, or ?? Well, when we got there I was feeling fine, then during the second song I started to feel really light headed and became really dizzy. Like, just to move my eyes the room was spinning(if that makes sense..?) so I went out, then came back in and mom took me out to the car and took my blood pressure, and I was fine, so I wasn't gonna faint or anything..I think its just cause I have a sinus infection(sets your balance off). Then we left immediately after the service. :)

    Amanda
    well that was long...

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, Lis, I do think you are crazy, but, I have to agree you are right. You cannot have a movie without a good looking guy an well, Cameron IS cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks!!! I was really unsure about it, but I really like it. Besides the writing part...will have to see if I can fix that. hehe:)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your crazy too,Lisa!!!! But your not me!!! -Sadie

    ReplyDelete