Friday, April 23, 2010

All Moved In ~ Hiking

Praise God! We are finally all moved in. :) Almost all done unpacking still quite a bit more to go though.
I said I would post the differences. Before I go on, I just want to say that these are differences I will and can live without, I was just spoiled for two years! haha
Here they are:
There is no water softener. So our water is hard water which tends to make your skin really dry! Pound on that lotion! ;)
There are absolutely NO light fixtures in the bedrooms. Isn't that crazy? But I think I can live with a stand up fan/light. Also that means no lights in there either.
The walls, the curving of the walls are not rounded..thats just so not us! No big deal tho its just something we are used to.
There are two lofts instead of one, so we're gonna have to do something for a "door" for Micah's Room.
Yes, these are just a few of the differences that I thought I couldn't live without, I changed my mind! ;)
The owners are really nice tho! So thats a plus. The last owners we had to deal with, were kind of, nosy in a way.
We have a balcony...oohh! haha

Yesterday we went hiking with the Kirkpatrick's and their friend that are staying with them from out-of-town. Lots of fun. We took the waterfall trail, when we got to the waterfall Micah, Josh and Zane decided to take a foot dip in. Hope none of them get sick! On our way back down there was a rattle snake that decided to cross the path and we decided it was best to kill it for ours, and others safety. There was a crazy earth lady that got mad at us for doing so.
ah here is a pic of the boys killing it, you can't see the snake tho, its in the bush...

Nate was going to kill it with his gun, but with so many little's and rocks all over not a good idea.
After hiking, we went back to the house dropped a few off then Nate Zac, Micah Josh Joah, Sadie, Me and the Ringers went to the mall. Oh we had loads of fun! Took lots of pics, Ash spent most of her time in Tinkerbell! That place is so fun and cute! Wanted to hang longer but it was moms Birthday yesterday so came home had a yummy dinner and cake! Bought my mom a candle(she likes candles.;)) So it was a very fun beautiful day, ended with rain!


Finally back to piano and voice lessons. I'm in trap! I have a voice recital coming up in just one month that my teacher JUST told us about(she changed it from June, to May. nice;)) so I need a Fun, quirky (clean) song..any suggestions and Ill love you foreverrr!!! haha

Ill update some other time this post is long enough and I gotta run!
Hope you all have a very blessed weekend!

Amanda

7 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had so much fun! I was dying to go, but was "stuck" at home...not really, my grandparents were here. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...a song you could do..hmmm....

    Well, "quirky" definitely fits the song you wrote??? JK!!

    My favorite song would have to be Rich Mullin's "Sing Your Praise to the Lord.." maybe too hard. Another one I really like is "While You Were Sleeping" by Casting Crowns. Not quirky, but a very good song. Other than that....

    Just a Dream - Carrie Underwood
    This One's For The Girls - Martina McBride
    I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
    I Need You - LeAnn Rimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing you guys then I asked Sadie where you all were and she explained, next time tho! :)

    haha! Very funny!

    Yes, I love those first two songs, but my Teacher prefers everything we sing(for the girls anyways) to be sung by Ladies. And yeah, I think Sing Your Praise To The Lord..would be too hard! hehe
    And I love all these other songs you posted, Thanks!! :)) Ill def. be talking to the teach about those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came up with some more songs!!

    The More Boys I Meet - Carrie Underwood
    and
    Buckaroo - Lee Ann Womack

    Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lisa!! I talked to my teacher, and she didn't really say anything about the country ones, in the last few days I seemed to scrounge up some theatrical songs, and a final number, the one she said I had range for, and that is Set The World On Fire, by Britt Nicole. I like it and it seems to fit my.."voice"!
    But thank you bunches for song helping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome! I hope your recital is AWESOME! I have another piano competition on Sat and a piano recital May 22...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! It should be. lol We are singing,(as a group) Let It Be by the Beatles and a few more by them but thats the only one we have memorized as of now...and our recital is May 25th and we have to learn 3 more group #s and a whole bunch of rehearslas...its crazy!! Oh cool!! I'm sure you'll do really great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete