Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In Sickness and In Health~Business

Lately we have been bouncing between being sick, and not sick. One day feeling totally fine, the next down for the count! On Fri. Mom wasn't feeling 100% and some of the little's were still sick(with the flu) but, some friends of ours persisted in coming over. Now, I love my friend-and her family. But sometimes they can just go over board. I don't wanna say too much, but lets just say when they left we had four days worth of house work to do! *sigh* Anyways...that day I also had voice rehearsals. They went pretty well. There are some parts in my song that I really need to work on, but practice makes better than before! :)

On Saturday, we were all feeling really well. So we went to the AZCA appreciation day at the zoo. It was pretty warm. But, nice too. It was really crowded. There musta been at least 10dif associations there. From gymnasts to the AZCA! First thing we did when we got in was go get food! (Even tho it was only 11am:)) After we got food we went to see if there was sitting space at the pavilion, luckily when we got there there was a family getting up with just enough seats for us and the Kirkpatricks. It was nice to just sit and enjoy the lunch, until they started blaring the most worldly sexual music out there! There were little gymnasts there that were really cute flipping around, until they started dancing not so, um....I can't think right now. Still waking up, but the dance was, OH! Provocative. And these little girls were only like, 4-maybe 14. Yeah. After we ate we went and did hand prints. Then made our way over to the water cave. I was so tempted to go get wet! But instead just stood in the shade. I felt bad for Mr. Tyler who just stood in a corner while Nathan went off talking on the phone for hours with *cough* a special someone.....of course, I sorta did the same, stood in a corner silenced! haha Usually I take lots of pics, but I think this time I only took like, 10maybe.

Mothers day, I felt bad because it WAS MD and I usually try to do a lot for my mom but on Sunday I slept alllll day, I was too weak to even lift a pen. So, I plan on doing something special for her. :) And doing something for the two birthday kiddos in the house, M turned 5 and J turned 2 over the weekend! :)

Well, I better go I have a lot of cleaning, singing and piano playing to get done! :)

Hope everyone is well!

Mandie(:

10 comments:

  1. Since when was he Mr. Tyler versus just Tyler?!?!? JK...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Well, you know. I actually don't know why I put that. I kinda do that with a lot of my other friends. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!!!

    My mom found some X-Tall jeans on clearance at Lane Bryant a couple weeks ago, and she had to go into the store to pick them up. When she went in the store, they had loud rap music playing with the same thing...disgusting, sensual lyrics. I could see why a store like Old Navy or Justice or something like that would play rap because they are trying to attract the modern teenager. But Lane Bryant!?!? That's a woman's store. Anyway, she was really upset and almost wished she hadn't bought from them. But, the jeans are awesome and they are long enough for me...something not found too often. She bought like 5 pairs and they were only $4.73 per pair!!! Most talls that we have to buy are anywhere from $20-$50 per pair depending on where we get them from. So, I have enough jeans for the rest of my life!!!! Not really :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it sad!!?
    That should not attract the "modern teen" at all. But, for most it does. :/
    I like walking into a place, that if they are gonna play music , its nice and um....melancholy! hah(ok, not really, but better than rap!)
    And, wow thats a really good price for pants!! :) Haha wouldn't that be nice to have enough cloths to get us thro life...*sigh* (;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...especially as I HATE shopping! I know, most girls are supposed to be crazy over going to the mall, going clothes shopping, etc., but I'm just not. Never have been, never will be! I don't mind shopping online, and I like getting new clothes, but actually going to the store and trying different things on...well, I just don't like it! So, if I could buy enough clothes that I liked to get me through life, I would be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah so you like the thrill of getting new cloths, but not the shopping part!! I know how that is. I can be not so crazy about shopping sometimes too! ;)
    Yeah, that would be nice! Unless I saw something realllly cute! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK Mandie! I'm dumb. What's an accolade???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooo your not dumb!!
    An Accolade:
    An expression of approval; praise.
    A special acknowledgment; an award.
    There is a song called Legacy, by Nicole Nordeman(its not that upbeat, it has tempo, but not crazy) and basically, in the song she explains the meaning in her own word which, kinda is what I think of it.

    We all, have an accolade to spend for Christ! :)

    ReplyDelete