Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Voice Recital


It was a success!! :)
On Monday we had early rehearsals for solo's then evening rehearsals for the group #.
Solo rehearsal went really well!! The evening one..not so much. My voice teachers husband(Bruce) made us sing the song(Let It Be) at least 15 times! And thank the lord he did!! lol Monday night after rehearsals I went home with Em...on the way to her house we stopped at Circle K(yes, I am going to share a story, I have to its purrrty funny) and when I went to get out of the van, (I was wearing my one pare of sandals I never wear 'cause they are very slippery) I stepped into the rocks descending into the rocks flat on my bottom!! I thought I might have bruises or scratches on my foot but I didn't, so that was good. It hurt a little, but after about an hour it was fine. I was laughing so hard! haha Luckily, no one saw! Then, on the way out, Em told me to grab some donuts and so before I grabbed them I called her a fatty(its ok, she is my bff I can do that) and when I did your "bro-type-of-guy" walks in tries to walk over the "wet Floor" sign and knocks it over, right as I called Em a fatty, on his way out he asked me if I was calling him a fatty..."Did you call me a fatty?" Whaa" "Someone, one of you called me a fatty" "Uuum no, I was calling her a fatty 'cause she wanted donuts" "Oh,...*awkward silence*" haha What a goof! Got to Ems house and we sang the night away(didn't go to bed till 12, yes our voices are sore!!).We were all really tired. Ryan tried telling a joke, and because he was so tired he wasn't explaining it correctly and got mad at us for not understanding! haha

Tues we woke up at 9 took our showers sang lots more..then a little treat, Em's mom has a friend that does hair, so we went and got our hair professionally done for FREE! How cool is that.
Got to the church really early. We thought we were going to be late. But, we weren't! The boy's of the band looked really handsome. And they sounded great!
Some of the girls that sang, oh I was just baffled! There was a young lady that sang "your hands" by JJ Heller, I just love that song!! Delaine keith sang What Do I Know OF Holy by addison road, accompanied by Cam. She sounded great!
Here is the Let It Be video


And My solo, I had to come home and record it because the performance video I look like one big white blob! Not enjoyable! lol

Enjoy!
Me and Em.:)



and the voice group. Band~Preston~Drums-Cameron~Guitar-Cameron~Guitar-Kyle~Guitar-Kyle ~Bass (Three Guitars, one Bass, Drums and Piano)
Voice Group
Bailey~Amanda(me)~Emily~Alec~Erin~Melody~Sara~Emiley~Tiffany~Meagan~Emilee~Mikaela~Rachel~Karlie
After the recital we went to a delicious yogurt place with the Keiths. It was so nice to just visit! :)
Everyone did so good!

Time for me to get off here. Gotta lot to get done before tomorrow!
Hope everyone is having a blessed week! :)

Amanda :)

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! One question...actually, two!
    1. What song did Cam Keith play on piano??
    2. How tall is he?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun!
    He played the piano for Delaine while she sang. And it was What Do I Know Of Holy by Addison Road.
    Hmmm I honestly don't know! lol I'm guessing around 5'9ish....Jw? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, He also played one of the guitars for Let It Be. Forgot about that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mandie! I didn't know you sang!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I just started in August. :)
    Thank you!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I heard him play, he was getting really good at classical music, and I was wondering if he was still doing that.

    Oh, and me and Rishel S. used to argue about if he or I would be taller...since I'm 6'2", I guess I won! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, he is still playing. And he is a fantastic player too! Every time we're in class he just amazes me with his amazing skills! lol He plays the guitar too. :)

    Ooh I see! haha yeah I guess you did!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your voice is beautiful!!! I wish i could sing that good! -Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your new bacground. I did not know that you could change it when you already had your blog going???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the background too! How did you change it? Is there a lot of choices?
    -Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! Thanks, Sadie!! Aw, I bet you sing really good!! :)

    Thanks, Anna! And yep, you can! If you ever wanted to change your blog, just go up to the top of the page and click on "customize" and everything you need to change it up is right there! :)

    Actually, all I did was change the colors and picture. (The pic I took with my camera) But, if you wanted a new template, you could do that too. And yes, there are quite a few to choose from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of camera do you have?? The pic is really clear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! My voice is really not that good! I like the picture on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a Olympus FE-370 8.0 Megs...just a standard digital camera. hehe
    Thanks-It actually takes pretty good pictures, so thats good! :)

    aaw, I bet you have a fabulous voice, Sadie!! In fact, I know you do. :)
    Thanks, I do too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Mandie!!! You are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! The Ks have alot of posts that have "this post has been rmoved by author" on it! I think that means that Sadie changes her mind alot!!! Hehehe Sadie! BTW, when're you going to get a blog???hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I agree I think she changes her mind too mu- I mean, A LOT. ;)
    yeah, Sadie when? huh, when!!? just mess'n. :)

    ReplyDelete